mercredi 5 mars 2014

Quand elle s'en va chez le boucher… Is there a graceful way to go to the butcher ?


La question du jour:
Mais qu'est-ce qui lui a pris de coller ça dans sa chanson ?
Franchement.



A Question
There is this lovely love song in french, describing a woman, 'she' (1980. It was a hit song that year.) It tells how graceful she is, in every movement, her looks, her fingers, her walk etc. The singer is painting a beautiful creature with his words.
And in the middle of the beautiful song, there is this one sentence. It's like the elephant in the room. It says :
'this way she has of crossing the road (so far so good)
when she goes to the butcher' (whaaaaaaaat ???)

I know curiosity killed the cat, but I wish I knew why he wrote this. It's like a joke, an eyewink. I hope that's what it is. I researched it a bit, and even found this one comment on a blog, back in 2004 I think. This person writes : 'This guy managed to insert the word 'butcher' in a love song. My hero."

My point exactly !




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire