samedi 21 mai 2011

My mother-in-law...

I am really happy about the message in french before this one, so for once I will translate...


My Mother-in-law once had the gall (how could she???) to take my darling little first newborn into her bedroom in the middle of the night to "let me sleep!" I was not happy. 
I was possessive. 
Just a little bit.


I complained to my older sister, wise mother of 5. She laughed and said that by the time I had 3, I wouldn't worry about that kind of things any more ! 


This was an understatement if ever there was one. By the fourth child, my mother-in-law had 3 of them in her en-suite baby-room, with us snoring away at the other end of the holiday house. 
They say that a person's faults get worse when they get older. It works the other way round for my MIL. She is more fun, more relaxed, easier-going. Or maybe I see her good sides nowadays. She doesn't take offence, she doesn't hold grudges. She laughs, she is in a good mood all the time, she is a very active person.

I get on well with my MIL. 


She irons everything. I don't iron anything. She starts getting her midday meals ready at 9 am, I start at 12.30 for 12... Her cooking and her dishes are beautiful, mine don't look like anything.

Table, cheese platter and flower decoration by my MIL for a family celebration. She did what she could with the  means at hand in my cupboards, a real feat!

She wears heels, I never do. She loves shopping, I hate it. She likes long hair, I like them short. She adores cut flowers, I prefer them in the earth. She is extremely generous, I am kind of tight. She is meat and butter, I am vegetables and olive oil.





There is one thing we have in common!







And. She adores all her grandchildren. All ten of them, without any exception. No preferences either. Unconditionally.

I love my mother-in-law.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire